web statistics
   
eSadhaks 
    



HOME

ARCHIVES

ATMASIDDHI

ESADHAKS1

ESADHAKS2

JAINISM LINKS


A thought per day ... keeps us all awake !

 

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

 
The central theme of the book is: Listen to your heart and in believing and more essentially following your dreams. No doubt there will be obstacles, but use each obstacle as a stepping stone (cliched I know, but of course I am no Paulo Coelho).
The biggest obstacle is thinking that I will not be able to do a thing, the negative mindset is the major hindrance. How will you know whether or not you can succeed if you never try. As Henry Ford has aptly put: Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.

I think the book raises the following question in all of us:
Am I who I want to be or am I just living my life for pleasing others?

If its second, then there is a need for some serious soul-searching. Just like the protagonist in the book finds out what and more importantly where his treasure was, we can find for ourselves what and more importantly where our treasure lies. This is only possible if we believe in our dreams and have the conviction to see them being carried out successfully.





This page is powered by Blogger.